Experience and inspiration
I have over 10 years’ experience of working in both Voluntary and Private mental health settings; residential and non-residential in the UK and overseas. I have seen and experienced the healing effect of truly meeting someone through relationship and being alongside people in moments of challenge/pain and joy/celebration. I am inspired by a Humanistic way of being in relationship, full of spirit and curiosity.
I am an accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, working in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I have regular supervision and I am committed to ongoing growth through professional development.
I have regular supervision and I am committed to ongoing growth through professional development.
My work draws on body-centred, energy, spiritual and person-centred approaches including the Therapeutic work of Peter Levine: Somatic Experiencing, Stanley Keleman: Formative Psychology, Nick Totton: Embodied-Relational Therapy, Babette Rothschild: Somatic Trauma Therapy, Ruella Frank: Gestalt and the Psycho-Spiritual work of Sandra Ingerman.
Alongside my work as a Therapist, I offer 1:1 Body Mapping retreats (non-residential) and group experiences. I am also a qualified Level 2 Reiki practitioner.
Our sessions together will depend upon where the process takes us and could include dialogue, body awareness, breath-work, authentic movement, formative Psychology (shaping and re-shaping somatic emotional responses), body mapping and meditation, ecotherapy (strengthening your relationship with nature), voice/sound exploration, creative writing, gesture and posture, body dialogue, somatic storytelling and body-gestalt techniques.
I encourage a bodymind language, this means honouring the whole of your experience in the here-and-now, deeply acknowledging embodiment and relationship, reconnecting to the stories that are held in the body and taking them seriously. Acknowledging the stories and language of your body can offer another dimension to therapeutic work and creates a space to explore the difficulties in your life that do not seem to move or change simply by talking about them.
Qualifications and longer courses
- FdSc Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Post qualifying Diploma in Eating Disorders: Brain, Body and Mind
- Certificate in Integrative Embodied Psychotherapy:Dance of Soma &Psyche (completing in 2021)
- Bodylistening programme – A grounding in body psychotherapy and deep bodywork
- Dance of Awareness Practitioner training
- Somatic Body Mapping Practitioner Mentorship
- A Level Psychology
- NVQ 2 & 3 Health and Social Care
Short courses and workshops
- Exploring the Root of Developmental Trauma: A Somatic Perspective
- Introduction to Somatic Experiencing
- Disordered Eating: Working With and Through the Body/Mind of Patient and Therapist
- Moving and being: Exploring creative ways of being in relationship to self & client
- Women Who Run With The Wolves Creative Soul Retreat
- Body Healing Coach Diploma
- Acupressure Workshop: The Vagus Nerve – The Missing link to Health, Connection and Intuition
- 8 week Mindfulness Course
- DBT Skills Training
- Mindfulness based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Advanced Diploma
- Somatic Body Mapping Intensive
- Creative writing for Therapeutic Purposes
- Embodied relational therapy: The Wild Nature of Embodiment
- Embodied relational therapy: Trance and Transference
Work placed training and workshops
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Understanding Personality Disorder Training
- Understanding Autistic spectrum
- Working with individuals with Learning Difficulties
- Motivational Interviewing
- Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
- Co-dependency Training
- Alcoholics Anonymous Training
- Identifying and Responding to Families Experiencing Domestic Abuse
- Safeguarding Adults and Children